Do you feel overwhelmed trying to figure out how to thrive in a way in line with your faith?
Do you feel like you have no time for your health?
Do you feel confused about how to live out your faith practically?
If you answered yes to any, or all, of these questions, you are not alone. I have been in that same position numerous times in my life.
The Story Behind Radiant as the Son
I went to an all-girls high school. This experience brought many blessings. It was an excellent education, and we were always encouraged to go after our dreams with all the strength we could muster.
This encouragement was great. But unfortunately, the way we went about it was not the greatest. Instead, we focused our entire being on our goals, whether getting the top grades or getting into a great college. As a result, we neglected our health, refused to grow in virtue intentionally, and overall, did not thrive.
I fell into that attitude and continued in that “vocation-first” attitude into my first year of college. Then, after a diagnosis, I had to drop many of my activities because I need to focus on my health.
When I focused on my health first, I realized that growing in virtue, which had been so difficult in the previous years, became more manageable. With that growth in virtue, I could more truly discern God’s will for my life and complete it. These are the building blocks of the Radiant as the Son progression.
The Radiant as the Son Progression
The Radiant as the Son Progression is as follows:
- Every person must grow in health in mind, body, and soul.
- The health of the mind consists of knowing the truth and healing from lies.
- The health of the body consists of caring for the body and being in community with others.
- The health of the soul consists of a consistent prayer life and frequenting the sacraments.
- All aspects of health impact each other.
- Health enables a person to pursue growth in virtue better.
- This virtue enables a person to live out their vocation better in all areas, including their state in life vocation, career, hobbies, and volunteering pursuits.
- Following this progression helps a person live a joy-filled life and become the saint God desires them to be. Deficiencies in these areas or pursuing the progression out of order leads to a lack of joy and fulfillment.
The Goal of Radiant as the Son
Just as Jesus’ Sacred Heart shines rays of healing to the world, we can be an image of these rays of healing to the world by living out the Radiant as the Son progression. The goal of Radiant as the Son is to help as many women be that image to the world.
Why the Focus on Women?
Archbishop Fulton Sheen once said, “The history of civilization could actually be written in terms of the level of its women.” Women, with their nurturing capabilities and feminine heart, very uniquely image God. But, unfortunately, the enemy often attacks this ability. One attack women face is a reversal of this progression, leading to women merely surviving instead of thriving and struggling to be an image of God to the world.
Radiant as the Son’s message is essential for all people, but we will start with women to first learn to follow this progression for themselves and then, with their unique capabilities, help others do the same.
What to Expect
New articles and content will be released at least once a month.
These articles fall into two categories:
- Radiant as the Son Concepts: Focused on understanding the different aspects of the progression and their relation.
- Radiant as the Son In Action: Describing habits that you can use to live out the progression.
If you want to learn more, links will be provided to resources to help you dive deeper into the habits and concepts. There will also be Radiant as the Son resources available in the shop, such as ebooks, worksheets, and courses, to help you dive deeper. Finally, there will be freebies offered in the password-protected library for those who subscribe to the email list.
Do you want these free resources and to be the first to hear about new content? Then, subscribe to the email list below. You will receive the Creating Lasting Habits Workbook to get you started.
A Little About Me
My name is Abby, and I am the founder of Radiant as the Son (AKA: the face behind the content). I am currently a graduate student in clinical psychology. When I’m not working on schoolwork or Radiant as the Son, you can usually find me volunteering at my parish, playing piano, singing, reading, or crocheting.
I am very passionate about helping others become all that God created them to be. I genuinely believe that the Radiant as the Son progression is a means for doing so, and I hope you will join me in living out the progression and helping others do the same!